Jen,
May I call you Jen? I feel like I know you girl. We're both from NYC -- okay I'm from Brooklyn, the superior borough, but I try not to judge. Like you I'm a child of the 70s, you're older but not by much. So I feel confident in saying we've got similar childhood touchstone. Therefore, with all that we have in common, I feel like you wouldn't mind a little bit of friendly advice... no more rom-coms. Look, I get it, forty looms large for me and I'm pretty certain I won't be happy when it arrives. But there's a comes a time when as an actress you're just too old for certain parts. Jen, we've reached that time and I don't say this to be mean. I say this because frankly, most rom coms these days are awful. Gone are the "His Girl Friday's" of the world or even the "When Harry Met Sally's" of the World.
Since Hollywood, no longer knows what to do with women over forty, at least as it comes to features, might I suggest you go back to your home -- television. I know I know... but take a page out of your BFF's book. Courtney is going wonderfully on "Cougar Town." But maybe expand your horizon and do one hour series, something like the female version of "House", someone not all together likeable -- a character that would allow you stretch.
I advise because I love.
No comments:
Post a Comment